Friday, April 28, 2006
Pleo - Supported By A Management "Dream Team"
Pictures, Videos, and more Information on Pleo.
In the glamourous and glitzy world of toys where the toy gets all the attention, especially when it's a baby green robot dinosaur, it's important to take note of the upper management behind the toy. That management is the engine that will either make or break a new hit toy because without a solid management team, the long term success of the toy is unlikely.
UGOBE, the company behind the Pleo, has the Dream Team of upper management when it comes to creativity, experience, and the all important manufacturing contacts to make sure there's enough well designed sturdy little Pleo's for all of us.
From a UGOBE press release we can see already the diverse and critically relevant backgrounds of the Advisory Board and Board Of Director line-ups:
"... Established leaders from companies such as Sun Microsystems, Softbank China Venture Capital and ChinaVest Merchant Bank. Its members represent a range of executive experience and engineering talent that have contributed to the success of companies including Apple Computer, Atari Computer (now Warner Communications), General Motors, Lucasfilm Ltd., Macy’s California and Twentieth Century Fox."
An analysis of the companies listed:
- Deep talent here in the areas of modern computing and gaming with names like Apple and Atari
- Strong manufacturing experience from one of the largest car manufacturers, General Motors.
- Solid consumer retailing experience courtesy of the retail powerhouse Macy's.
- Supreme storytelling talent via Lucasfilm and Twentieth Century Fox who have been making movies that have tugged at our heart-strings for years.
UGOBE Board of Directors:
- Bob Christopher, CEO & co-founder, UGOBE
- Caleb Chung, inventor & co-founder, UGOBE
- Gordon Radley, former president, Lucasfilm Ltd.
- Chauncey Shey, CEO, Softbank China Venture Capital (SBCVC); co-founder, UTStarcom
- Joe Ye, president, UTStarcom (APAC)
- Bill Hilliard, managing partner, Hilliard Equities / Sonn-Hill Consulting
- Steven Mayer, co-founder, Atari Computer & Activision
- Curtis Sasaki, vice president, Sun Web Properties, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Phil Schlein, partner, US Venture Partners (USVP); former president, Macy’s California
- Abraham Wei, senior managing director, ChinaVest Merchant Bank