Here is an explanation of each part of the screen:
Main Menu Bar
General Instructions - Read the instructions in this box first. It will tell you generally what you can do at any point in the program, and give you helpful tips.
Operation Tabs - Once you have successfully calibrated your system, you will see two tabs:
- Calibrate - You can click on this tab at any time to recalibrate your system. This is useful if you are having trouble with Voice Control.
- Voice Control - To enter or get back to the actual Voice Control interface.
Specific Instructions - look here to find context sensitive help. Whenever you do anything with the Voice Control system, this box will give you specific instructions on what you can do at any point in the system.
Command Groups - These tabs let you switch between the various command menus for your robot. You do not need to switch to a command menu to execute a particular command. They are there only to help you remember what you can say to your robot. Of special note is the My Cmds tab. This is where you can see a list of all the Voice Activated Script commands you have created.
List of Commands - as you switch between command groups, you can see the voice commands that belong to that group.
Button Panel - the button panel contains several buttons and a few status lights. Here is what they do:
- Listening - this little red light will flash quickly when the robot is listening to you, and will be off when it is not.
- Ignoring - this little blue light will flash slowly when your robot is ignoring you.
- Reset Engine - only use this in an emergency. It is meant to be used in the event the Voice Control interface shows you an error box, and the system no longer responds to voice commands.
- Stop - This will stop the Voice Control system. You can also say TERMINATE to stop it using your voice.
- Listen - Pressing this button makes your robot start listening to you.
Status Bar - The status bar will occasionally show you useful messages about the state of the Voice Control interface.
Be sure to read The Art of Voice Scripting page to really energize your fun!